Anyone else find that the summer heat just burns them out? I'm tired, dragging around, have no motivation what so ever.

I'm even gaining weight, I can feel it in my clothes. I don't seem to be eating very much? But again I sure ain't moving much.
Is it easier to eat healthier and be more active when it isn't so hot?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, the heat is very draining. Much more active in spring and fall.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• OMG, yes. I always feel drained and being prego doesn't help much with the heat..lol
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The heat is so draining. I don't feel like doing anything. Anything I try to do makes me sweat. I've been so tired by evening. LOL! But it is a great opportunity to complain a bit. :) 6 months ago I was complaining about the cold and ice.

Answer by Bmat at 3:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I can't move when it's hot out. I hate it. We haven't seen the sun or gone about 68 here in the past week and I'm loving it. Our summer doesn't really start until August so we still have it coming but I feel ya! It's much easier to get up and get moving when it's not so gross outside.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I get the summer hot fits - I like to be outside and when it hovers around 90 and 100 - that is just too much!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, the heat is very draining. Even sitting in the pool is enough for us. We were all in bed at 8:00 on Monday, lol.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My husband says I melt in the heat, and he's right! He learned really quickly to keep our air conditioner pumping or the house falls apart. LOL! I'm good up until about 95 degrees. Anything over that and I'm usless.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 3:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It is terrible. It just zaps everything out of me.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 4:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I work out like a fiend in the summer...just not outdoors. I've got a killer lineup of hardcore exercise and strength training DVDs, plus my Comcast OnDemand for yoga and pilates and I bust my hump 5 days a week in my living room. Yes, the heat outside is draining but I crank up my ceiling fan and keep a glass of cold ice water and a damp towel nearby and I kick A$$ anyway! LOL.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I workout at home in the central air. If we didn't have it, I probably wouldn't work out in the summer months. I have pretty bad asthma, so i can't take the heat at all.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010