If your baby did/is turn(ing) ONE this summer

Where did you throw the party? How many people did invite? What did you serve for food?

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 3:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We invited family and three very close friends. Had a barbque and cupcakes. I made a HUGE cake for my son and took pictures of him destroying it. Everyone had fun
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We just had a family bbq with hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, pasta salad, cut up fruit and veggies with dips and punch. Of course cake and ice cream....We had the party at our home, and we invited about 20 ppl excluding ourselves.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We had a picnic in our back yard. We only invited immediate family. It was good because when we gave the birthday boy his own cake to eat and mess up, I didn't worry about having to clean up the crumbs.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• DS is turning 1 in a few weeks! We don't have any family in the area, and honestly DS gets overwhelmed in loud, crowded places (he's not a social butterfly yet). So we're only going to have a party for the three of us (mom, dad and baby). The whole day will be about doing things that he enjoys with the people he truly loves the most. So no guests - foods will be what he loves (no green beans!) I'll probably make cupcakes (he can have one the day after, too! :) And there will be tons of pictures that whole day!!!

I might plan a playdate with his little friends the next day at the Children's Museum (we go there regularly with and without friends and he really likes it). But I don't want people to feel obligated to bring gifts (he has enough of everything he needs) so I'm still debating whether I'll even call this a "birthday playdate" or not. We just want their company. :)
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010