What would you do if your man....

What would you do if your man had a fantastic job and had a problem going to work. Not because he physically couldn't go, but because it was more of a mental thing. This has been going on for the last couple of years. I do have my own job paying half as much as him, and we have a few children, and behind all the time in bills...

How would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think I would have him go talk to a doctor about what is going on with him. With the right meds he would be able to function in the world normally. Depression and anxiety go hand in hand so maybe he just needs some help with his issues. I went through this as well and it took about a year for my dh to get on the right meds to help him but once everything was straightend out he became a totally different person. He has been working ever since...I now stay home with our children and he provides for the family. Good luck to you...Hugs.
    MybabyKisses

Answer by MybabyKisses at 4:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Is it a mental health issue? My husband has a good paying job, but a very stressful one. He dreads going to work each day. It was making him very depressed. I put my foot down and insisted he go to the doctor. He also goes to a counselor. I am also very supportive. It only makes it worse if you have an attitude toward him. I know my husband doesn't want to feel this way. We are working in it.
    Have you talked to him about it? What does he say?

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Mental ?

Does he need to see a Doctor ?
    I would try to get him help.

Lazy ?
    I would leave.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well I ask his age...cause I thought maybe he just needs some growing up to do. Sometimes mental health issues keep people from functioning like they should.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• A lot of men aren't satisfied with their jobs. But a lot of the times you have to suck it up and deal with it because you have a family to provide for....and that's what's most important. I've been in a lot of situations and a lot of jobs and despise and I just have to suck it up because it's an income....
    See if he can go back to school part time while working.....so he can end up somewhere where he'd enjoy being at work!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Depression is draining and he may have it. He should seek help from a specialist. It doesn't sound like something he's doing intentionally. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• He sounds either spoiled by his parents/grandparents or maybe has a mental issue... How old is he?
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Geez lol the so quick to give a vote down lol
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Ok I am done with trying to help you here.. looks like I just upset someone
    Cochise

• Talk to him about it and see what his problem is. My SO had a hard time getting out of bed, he was just always extremely still tired in the morning. I told him to go to bed sooner at night so that he won't feel so crappy in the morning and he just blew it off like it wasn't the problem. So after a few days I finally took charge and when his alarm went off in the morning, I pushed him out of bed. He finally started to go bed sooner and waking up on time.
    In all talk to him about it and change the sleeping schedule if that's the issue.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010