Inflammatory Bowel Disease....????

Hi. Uhm, I just had a few questions about my situation. Recently I went to the ER with extreme pain. They ended up doing a Catscan of my belly and came back with bad news.I had on ovarian cyst and inflammation in my bowel and they wanted me to see my Doctor as soon as possible. I got into her office the next day. She talked with me and said that she wants me to s a specialist. She said it could be nothing or it could be a IBD such as Crohns disease or Ulcertive colitis. I am only 26. Part of me is really scared, the other part has kicked into overtime to prepare for the worse. (BTW doc is not very concerned with the cyst, said it is pretty normal).
So, can anyone give me any suggestions as far as diet ideas, exercises that are okay to do and helpful, and overall changes made in life that help? Also any treatments or medications?Thanks I really do appreciate it and am trying to not get negative over it all.

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• The Specific Carbohydrate Diet is effective.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 3:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Are you taking a probiotic? Something like Align or even just a regular probiotic tablet can help to ease the symptoms. Also, drink lots of water and avoid caffeine.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Are you taking YAZ?
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 3:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No, no YAZ here.
    BabyBeans0506

Comment by BabyBeans0506 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010