Do you feel guilty for being pregnant? If you still have small children at home?

I didn't at first, but now that it's getting closer (15weeks left) I can't help but feel a little guilty. My daughter is 19 months and I just feel now maybe I should of waited just a little longer to have another baby. Anyone else feeling like this?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 3:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't feel guilty!! Your new baby will most likely sleep a lot at first which gives you and your dd time to transition. Plus, she is going to LOVE having a sibling. When your new baby is about 6 months old and sitting up, you will have so much fun watching them interact. My kids are all very young (4 kids 4 and under). At that 6 month age they would start playing with toys and their siblings started playing with them a LOT. It was wonderful watching the interaction. I remember thinking "this is why I love that they are so close in age." Have fun, get sleep, relax - nothing will go right at times and other times it will be absolutely perfect!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my DD and twin boys were 21 months apart.....it was tough on my DD, but now (18 months later) they play together and eat together and just all around can enjoy one another!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No. My son is 6 and he has been on a roller coaster ride with us through 3 losses. We're finally pregnant with a healthy baby and all 3 of us are so happy and ready for her to born!

I can understand why you feel that way though. It was a little overwhelming being pregnant when my son was under 2. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm having mixed feelings about this. My daughter is 18 months and I'm about 2 months into prego. My thing is I'm afraid on if it's a boy, will my SO pay more attention to the baby more than our daughter. IDK it's all a wait and see.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010