WhAT would you do if your hubby told you he wants to enlist in the army? After you already had a family starter?

Enlisting in the army? What would you do about it if you already had a family started and recently talk came up about it ?

Asked by rach7787 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• 3 of 3 sorry guys
    In short, your husband's interest in joining the service is admirable and honorable, our military is not the murder mill many media outlets seem eager to make it out to be (remember haditha? almost every single Marine involved was cleared of all wrongdoing, with an investigation or two not yet completed, yet despite being plastered all over the news for months when it happened, there have been no major articles letting the public know that they have been cleared. Coincidence, or is it just the media's quiet bias?). He will have more tools available to him to provide for the family, and he will not be gone forever. Give him your love and support, sit down with him and someone who knows the programs and figure out all the pros and cons of his joining before you tell him what you want most. Don't forget he will come home in much better shape, and you will miss him in a big way.

Answer by MarandaCrocker at 1:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Id tell him its too late for that. I need him here.

Answer by Chris127 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Maybe his family is what he is thinking about when he says he wants to enlist. The family would be taken care of

Answer by CookieMama at 8:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• The Army is a good way to support your family.

Answer by guam_mama at 8:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes its an honorable career choice. Being a military wife and mother,I can tell you at times its very hard, but you find out just how strong you can be.

Answer by Kcee801 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i asked it :)

Answer by rach7787 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my dh was in the navy before we met. I think that I would support my dh if it is really what he wanted. Good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i asked it :)

Answer by rach7787 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I would crap my pants. LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I would seriously melt down, just because I cant IMAGINE that. I would miss him TERRIBLY and would have an extremely hard time coping with that. I need him here for the HAPPY times, as well as the sad times- I NEED his hugs, I NEED to see his smile... all of that is such a vital part of our relationship. And then you throw our son in there-- I cant imagine Jed not being here to see him each and every day. The bond they have is inseparable!

However, every relationship is different. This is just simply my opinion :]

Answer by AJWMomma at 10:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008