Why do Christians have such a hard time keeping their minds out of the bedrooms of Gays?

Why is it that almost everytime a Christian presents an argument against same sex relationships/marriage they center their argument around the "sex" and how "disgusting" it is?

Got news for all you bible thumping folks...If any of you have ever had oral/anal or digital sex with your partner you are having sex in the EXACT SAME way that gay couples do. Is your sex disgusting too then?

momoftwins240

Asked by momoftwins240 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Um im a christain but think gays should have equal rights, so i wouldent say all, and it isent just the christians....alot of people arent ok with it.
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It isn't about what "hole" you put it in!! LOL It is about it being the SAME SEX/GENDER and the Bible teaches it is wrong.

I don't care what people are doing in the bedroom or who they are doing it with. I do care about this information being foisted upon me and the majority of the population on a regular basis. I do care that a small segment of the population is trying to force me to accept what I consider an amoral lifestyle. This is my opinion and my belief and as long as their is still a Constitution I am entitled to it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think Gay couples should have the same rights as all too, and I have never had a problem with homosexual couples or singles. I have also met some Christians that believe they should be able to to live thier own way as well. I just think some people are set in thier ways and have no ability to see any diversity in this world other then what they believe.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If that's the way they think in life, let them go for it. I think it's ignoranct for them to talk about things like that. You'd think they had something better to do.
    I could care less on what anyone does as long as it's legal and they're happy.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Where does that bible say it's wrong? I only saw where the guy shouldn't look at his dad with lust. Does it say more?

I am not Christian and I feel the same way OP.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I also feel that as long as I don't have people crawling all over me telling me how I should believe that I won't do it to them. It's hypocritical to say that one is wrong and one is right. I don't feel I am right and others are wrong. I feel that I believe what I do, and they do as they do. If I want my views respected then I should respect that they see things differently then I do. Bashing is not really needed.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't think it is the act that they are doing, I personally think it is the image they get when they think about it.
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 4:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh, and on another note--- It grosses me out to hear straight couples discussing their sex life out in all public. So I am the same way hearing about all couples...LOL :) heehee
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Who is pushing it on you as a christian. You don't have to like it, but why speak out against it. Unless someone if forcing gay sex on you, why speak of it. Why do you feel like the moral police of the world. You should only worry about your personal life.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• as a pagan raised to be christian then turned against it. its because they are thought to hate anything that is diff. yes now days a lot of them don't but when my cousin came out and her sister next and then they found out i was pagan and point out that our grandma was a secret pagan all hell was brought in to my aunts living room that Christmas. needless to say we all walked home and don't do Christmas at my aunts any more. but i was told growing up that all those things where WRONG and i would go to HELL if i did any of them and that i needed to go and verbally shun any one who dose that and tell them how wrong they where. so that's way. as well as if they do do any thing like that they would never tell you that. keep in mind this was just the ones i was raised with not saying all Christians are that way now days.
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 4:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010