Am I the only SAHM that can't seem to get it all done?

I stay at home with my 4 year old daughter and it sems like there is not enough time during the day to get everything done. Am I doing something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• You have a four year old...don't be so hard on yourself. No your not doing anything wrong.Having even one child is enough to keep you busy all day.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• no, that is life LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• nope- same here. I don't even have my little one all the time and I cant seem to get much of anything done!

got some writing done today, that's about it!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I feel like this too. There are rarely days I feel like I get it "all done' but I do make time to read to my kids a lot and to me that's what's the most important.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• well, what all are you trying to do?

the only things that NEED to be done are take care of the kid, cleaning, cooking.
    cleaning can be done easily by doing a little of everything each day or assigning days of the week for certain things/rooms.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You are not alone, mama!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No ma'am. I don't think you EVER get everything done. People don't understand that a SAHM is a 24/7 job. There is no time off to decompress. Not as easy as people seem to think.
    rosekng

Answer by rosekng at 4:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am right there with you, but I have three boys 11, 4 and 2. The most important thing is happy well taken care of kids, the rest is just gravy. Someone posted that the other night and it has become my motto!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nooooooo
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• sorry not in the same boat...my SO and I clean together. I clean up after myself when he gets home so I can do it quicly. wash my dishes, etc. We clean everything else at night when our son is getting tired and is done with everything. We deep clean once or twice a week to ya know, mop floors and clean the bathroom, be we do it together so it's not an all day thing, just an hour or two.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010