progesterone Q&A

Did you ever have yours checked? Why and what were the results and how did you fix it if they were low?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 4:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am pregnant and I had mine checked with this pregnancy. The first time it was low at 11.5 and not even 2 weeks later it was normal at 24. I am on 200 mg progesterone suppositories until 13 weeks into my pregnancy.
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 4:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• How far along are you? They said mine at 6 weeks are 19.7?
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am 4 weeks and mine is 10.5. I am starting meds tonight so I should see in a week or so when I return to doctor how much it has increased
    egurl85

Answer by egurl85 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I was at 6 weeks and it dropped from 16 to 15 in 1 week. She started me on suppositories 2 times daily through 14 weeks. My baby is perfect and I'm afraid I would have lost him without the meds. I had 2 miscarriages before this last pregnancy and I think it was due to progesterone.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 7:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Progesterone is one of the main hormones that allows a pregnancy to "stick". Without it or enough of it you can miscarry. I found the suppositroies messy and they leaked so I got mine injected every week. Usually it's just for the first trimester. With me it was needed until week 36. So it will depend on the indivdual as to how long you need it for.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010