Pit Bulls

Do you have a problem with pit bulls? And is it all of them or just a few? And why?

The reason I as is not to start a riot or anything, but my neighbors have 2 pit bulls that are some of the sweetest dogs in the world!!!! I love them to death!

My3LittleGirls

Asked by My3LittleGirls at 4:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pets

• What I posted in the last Pit question: The statistic are what they are for a few reasons... 1. Pits are the most popular dog right now, there are more of them out there than labs, so they have shear numbers against them when it comes to bites. 2. Lots of other breeds and mixed breeds are mistaken for Pits when reporting a bite or attack and so Pits get the rap :( 3. Unfortunately a lot of the wrong kinds of dog owners are attracted to this breed right now, the kind of people that could make any breed "go bad". 4. when a Pit Bull bites it is more likely to cause more damage than when most other breeds bite and there for more likely to be reported or for the person to need medical help.

Cont..
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• its all how the owner raises and treats them. Dogs shouldnt be punished, owners should
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It's a few dogs that ruin the entire breed. Just like any breed there are good and bad...pits just seems to get the raw deal b/c of the people that fight them...I have two and they are the sweetest dogs, they protect and love my children...my male allows my dds to put make up and hair ties on him---poor dog..
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Someone just asked about pit bulls earlier today lol

But I love them, All the ones I knew were really sweet dogs
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I've posted numerous Pit Bull Questions over the past couple of days. I have a pit bull dog, and he is the best dog I have ever met. He is better than any full blooded labrador you will ever see.

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think any dog can be bad its all on the owners. My little dog has a box head like a pitbull but he is not one and the city was going to take him we had to get proof from the vet he was not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I agree that it depends on the owners. I've had neighbors with Pitbulls and they were the sweetest dogs.
    Yet when I was a child I was attacked by a pitbull, luckily was not seriously injured my parents saved me from it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't have any issue with them. Not any more than I do any other dogs that is... I'm not a "dog person" and especially not a "big dog person" but beyond that, I don't have any issue... I don't believe they are any more of a danger to me or anyone else than any other dog of that size is and see no point not to like them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I love them. Many friends have them and do pit bull rescue, and I have worked with several at my friend's rescue. They are wonderful dogs.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yeah pitbulls can be nice it depends
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010