Do you honestly believe every man does this stuff? I don't!

I just don't understand why I see comments on here about how everyone does this or that.

Not every man and/or woman
1) fantasizes about someone other than their SO
2) masturbates
3) looks at porn

That's fine that you and your SO do but don't tell me what my DH and I do. It's really offensive and obnoxious because it's like telling me you know my husband better than me from way across the internets.

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 4:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well..I am sorry I don't mean to cause drama but I gotta say that i think that all men do some of those things. Sex is very different for men and i have talked to dh about this and also my best friend (who happens to be a guy) I am not saying they do it all the time howvever i do think EVERY MAN does masturbate (whether you know it or not) no matter how much sex you give him!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It's just a generalization. I don't think anyone really thinks they know you or your hubby. You are taking it too personal.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It's a generalization, not a rule that EVERYONE has to do that... Just a generalization that the majority do... Beyond my mother who believes all of those things are a sin, I don't know anyone who doesn't do them, and admit to it... Obviously that doesn't mean that 100% of the population does it, but I would say it's an easy 85%-90% or more that do...

Why let it get to you?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I can only say what I do and i think the rest of it falls under what bob eats does not make me so why do I care. lol no really I only know what I do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't think i've ever seen a comment that said all men are scumbags, all so/dh's cheat, matsurbate, look at porn etc. If I did, i'd probably say "mine doesn't" and leave it at that. Don't take it too seriously, it's just the internet and a bunch of strangers talking with one another....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• "Well..I am sorry I don't mean to cause drama but I gotta say that i think that all men do some of those things. Sex is very different for men and i have talked to dh about this and also my best friend (who happens to be a guy) I am not saying they do it all the time howvever i do think EVERY MAN does masturbate (whether you know it or not) no matter how much sex you give him!"

I get that you're not trying to start drama but I would bet my life on how well I know my husband.

Also, I have talked to my brother about it and guy friends and no, not all of them withhold but a lot do because of moral beliefs. The thing is if they know I really don't care what they do why would they lie to me about it in a private conversation? That is just kind of silly.
    Sara.Robyson

Comment by Sara.Robyson (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think all three of these things I mentioned are so prevalent and common in lots of people's lives (and our culture) that they really don't understand how other people could live without it much less be happy without it but my husband and I are a living example.
    Sara.Robyson

Comment by Sara.Robyson (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Because people lie about stupid things without really knowing why.

Not saying that they lied. I do believe there are people out there who refrain from this "sinful" behavior. But the majority of the population (in America and around the world) enjoy these "dirty" habits.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't say it gets to me it's just that I see it around here A LOT and I think it's very unfair and that something needs to be said. Men shouldn't say all women loves shoes (though lots do) so why is this any different?
    Sara.Robyson

Comment by Sara.Robyson (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010