Do you kids constantly mess?

My kids are 8 & 6 and they are always getting into things and making messes. They hate cleaning up after themselves but I make them do it. Am I being too hard on them?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 4:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son has a bad habit of scattering toys throughout several rooms, but he HAS to clean them all up or the are confiscated.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They have lots of things to do and toys to play with but it seems they would rather get into trouble. At night they will sneak food into their bedrooms and I have told them so many times that food stays in the kitchen.
    reesemom

Comment by reesemom (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Good... IDK how some of the moms can say "Oh, I only clean on X and X days, thats all..." - REALLY? Dude, I spend at LEAST an hour cleaning (and no, none of that is "deep cleaning") a DAY. I usually let them do whatever (within reason) and then spend an hour cleaning before DH gets home from work. That way, daddy sees a nice clean house, I wake up to a clean house, andit starts all over again. It beats constantly running behind them to clean ALL day!!
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010