how will i eventually get my babies father to let me and my daughter move from texas to alabam in 2 years. he says he absolutely wont but any ideas how i may be able to get him to let me? or even visit out there for a full summer?

halliebee15

Asked by halliebee15 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you guys still together? If not he can't tell you where you can & can't live. Get a custody agreement in writing so he can't say you've kidnapped her & go. He can't stop you!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No quite sure I understand what you are asking...I mean are you married to this man or have you ever been??? If not then I dont understand why you cant do what you want. Do you have a court order to stay in Texas??? I moved from Alabama to Texas and my ex couldnt stop me from doing so. We did not have anything in our divorce decree that said I had to stay in the same state.
    MybabyKisses

Answer by MybabyKisses at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had a court order not to take my son out of the state of CT. I thought that was ridiculous because his father moved to AZ and that's the court that ordered it. My ex- NEVER contacted my son, had no idea where he might have been....I was a little nervous the first time I went to FL for a week and then WE LEFT THE COUNTRY for 10 days and I'm sure my ex- never heard about it.

If you have a court order like this, go back to court and get it modified. Then you don't have to worry about it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• You can ask the Court to visit wherever you want to visit. You just have to let them know where you are.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• depends on how you guys relationship is. if youre on good terms just ask him, if he is a douchebag then go to court and get the court order modified if you have one.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010