Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how will i eventually get my babies father to let me and my daughter move from texas to alabam in 2 years. he says he absolutely wont but any ideas how i may be able to get him to let me? or even visit out there for a full summer?

Answer Question

Asked by halliebee15 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Are you guys still together? If not he can't tell you where you can & can't live. Get a custody agreement in writing so he can't say you've kidnapped her & go. He can't stop you!

    Answer by Nyx7 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • No quite sure I understand what you are asking...I mean are you married to this man or have you ever been??? If not then I dont understand why you cant do what you want. Do you have a court order to stay in Texas??? I moved from Alabama to Texas and my ex couldnt stop me from doing so. We did not have anything in our divorce decree that said I had to stay in the same state.

    Answer by MybabyKisses at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • I had a court order not to take my son out of the state of CT. I thought that was ridiculous because his father moved to AZ and that's the court that ordered it. My ex- NEVER contacted my son, had no idea where he might have been....I was a little nervous the first time I went to FL for a week and then WE LEFT THE COUNTRY for 10 days and I'm sure my ex- never heard about it.

    If you have a court order like this, go back to court and get it modified. Then you don't have to worry about it.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • You can ask the Court to visit wherever you want to visit. You just have to let them know where you are.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

  • depends on how you guys relationship is. if youre on good terms just ask him, if he is a douchebag then go to court and get the court order modified if you have one.

    Answer by 3xangel at 9:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.