How do you feel pretty and attractive during pregnancy?

I am 26 weeks pregnant and cannot help but notice that I am growing everywhere. I try to eat healthy and exercise but there seem to be some days I just cannot do either! I am having a lot of trouble trying to feel good about myself being pregnant. I cannot even look at myself in the mirror anymore without looking in disgust. Nobody told me that your ams, legs and face grew and I am having a difficult time coping. Anyone else feel this way or is this at all normal?

brandles06

Asked by brandles06 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yuck NO! I hate the way I look through pregnancy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't know if this makes sense, but I feel really pretty when my DH rubs my stomach, because it's aknowledging that i'm carrying our child. I think the extra care he takes when i'm pregnant makes me fee beautiful as well. I can't help but feel pretty at times because my hair gets thick, my complection clears up and seems to have an olive hue late in my pregnancies...
    i'm not going to lie...I wake up or have tons of times I feel and look like pure crap!!!!!.....lol
    As for everything your expiriencing....I found that stuff goes back down...when the baby's out you get smaller again and stuff goes back to semi normal.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It is hard seeing your body transform before you eyes! But it is also a beautiful thing :) Buy some really pretty tops and simple bottoms. You will feel better if you are dressed cutely, you know?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I had the same problem. My hubby got worried and new that going out with the girls always made me feel good so he called them up. They arrived one friday had me dress to the hilt (hair, makeup, sexy but belly covering clothes, mani, pedi etc) and then took me out for the night. Seeing that i was still the same person and still had quite a few guys ask to buy me a drink, dance, or for my number really helped raise my self esteam. BTW i of course said no to the guys but it still showed me i was desirable.

So my advise would be to get up and do something that made you feel atractive and wanted before.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I was underweight when I got pregnant and now I feel completely overweight and my doctor keeps on me about my weight gain. I have gained I guess about 25 or so (I hope) my next appointment is 7/14/10. I tried Yoga but that was a joke nothing but breathing techniques and deep thought, am I supposed to break a mental sweat??? So I went back to Pilates and felt great but I have not done it in a while due to late night stomach discomforts and stuff. I guess I need to stop being lazy and power through it and maybe that will make me feel better about myself. My hubby is really good about getting out and walking with me though. I just want him to find me attractive and for some reason I do not think he does, of course wehn he sees the size 1 girls like I used to be I think he misses the old me too but at the same time is very excited about the baby and trying to support me as much as he can.
    brandles06

Comment by brandles06 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• While I was pregnant with dd I used to feel the same way. I would get all dolled up to make myself feel better
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I tried this last weekend, my husband wanted to take me out and I felt really big in my maternity clothes and then I got my makeup on and my face just felt really large and I wish my hair would grow faster!!! I think I ended up feeling worse because I did not feel dolled up at all after trying to be. I only have about 3 more months and I have to keep reminding myself of that. I hope the weight comes off fairly easily too!!!
    brandles06

Comment by brandles06 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The way you're feeling is normal. Just do things for yourself that make you feel good. Get dolled up even if you aren't going anywhere special. I am sure your hubby finds you more beautiful than ever. After all, you are carrying his baby, and nothing is more beautiful than that. There are really cute mommy shirts out there that will make you feel like starlet as well. You will gain as much weight as you need to in order for you and the baby to be healthy. Congrats and best of luck to you!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Thank you very much!!!
    brandles06

Comment by brandles06 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am 30 weeks now and had a picture taken. Big mistake now I am pissed just how much my face has got fat!!! You are not alone.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010