Do people standing between lanes at lights collecting make you nervous?

I sound selfish since it's always for a good cause but wow, I don't think people should be standing in the middle of the road! It makes me really nervous driving around them with their arms out with their buckets, candy or newspapers!

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 5:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's dangerous and I can't stand to see children doing it!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It depends on where I'm at lol. Most of the time I worry about their safety because of the crazy drivers, and sometimes I worry about my safety because of all the crazy people there are in the world lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They don't make me nervous but I find it incredibly annoying. Here in S. FL the Homeless Voice people are always out pan handling. They stand outside your window and stare at you. Drives me bonkers. I give plenty of money to charities that I feel are deserving. I don't need to be guilted at every traffic light I'm stopped at.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes, it makes me nervous
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Lol I've NEVER seen anyone do this, I don't drive but it would make me nervous.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• When we bought our first home, we moved by just taking several trips with our car, since our apartment was a mile and a half away. On moving day, they had those people at a 4 way stop, on all four directions. We must have made 20 trips back and forth, and I almost felt bad to keep driving by them over and over.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• this is a little different, but the Veteran charities always congregate at ALL of the 4way stops around here... freaks me out, all I see is a man at each stop sign, wearing a reflective vest and I think "OMG, license check..." IDK why but police freak me out... I dont do anything WRONG, so its not a guilt thing, but license checks and cops out cruising scare the crap out of me.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• ... and then i feel stupid for freaking out over panhandlers. Go me.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• YES. They do this right off of Highway 31 here near Kokomo,Indiana. They are collecting funds for a local church. It makes me very nervous for them. I just can't believe that it's legal for them to do it. Scary.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• They don't make me nervous (because I'm used to them since I moved where they do that a lot). I ignore most of them. It may sound rude but personally I think it's rude to stand in the road and ask for money.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010