Ladies why do you think you make the best BAKED CHICKEN is it the ingredients , the dish you bake it in or the paper you wrap it in the foil the marinade ............ what is it?

BAKED CHICKEN ,if ya anit baking it please dont answer

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 5:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do whole roasted chicken (baked in the oven) and it's super simple. It's actually beer can chicken. Take a beer can, pour out half the beer. Take the whole chicken, clean out the insides. Very thinly slice a lemon. Loosen the skin on the chicken but don't tear it or remove it. slide lemon slices and fresh sage leaves up under the skin. Rub the outside of the skin with Italian herb seasoning. Set the cavity of the chicken on the beer can so the chicken is sitting up in a roasting pan. Place it in a 450 oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400 and bake another hour to hour and a half til it reaches 180 in the breast and thigh. It comes out SO juicy because of the liquid, and very flavorful because of the lemon and sage and italian herbs, and it's really crispy skin. Every time I make it, no matter who is over for dinner, it gets great reviews and never any leftovers.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think it has to do with the spices you put on it and the dishes you serve with it. I love baked chicken.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't know about it being the best, but it's pretty darn good. I take thighs or breasts or tenders whatever and get really wet then shake in a bag or roll around in Italian bread crumbs. Then I pour any Cream of soup over it. i like Cream of Mushroom but my whole family doesn't like mushrooms so we do Cream of Chicken usually. Do not add water to the soup. Depending on how much chicken you may need two cans. Bake for one hour at 350. There is normally enough of the Cream of sauce to make a nice gravy over mashed potatoes or rice. Easy and yummy.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• we like ours just baked in bbq sauce.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I start with frozen, boneless, skinless breasts ... if you leave them frozen (or at least mostly frozen) they are juicier and more tender than cooking them totally thawed.

Put them in a class baking dish (13x9 seems to be the best) then put just enough water to cover the bottom (made 1/2 inch). Cream of chicken/mushroom pour over the top adds to the juicy taste. Cover whole dish with foil and back at 350 for 45-60 mins. Yum
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My favorite way is to roast it in the crockpot. Roll up foil balls and place in the bottom of your crockpot. Clean the chicken, pat dry, then cover liberally in Lawry's Season All. Cook on high for 4 hours. The skin comes out crispy. It HAS to be on high for that to work.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• for me it is the clay pot I use.I just use normal seasonings and add onion,carrots, sweet and white potatoes.When I take it places or take to someone that is sick or whatever I get calls asking how did I fix the chicken. I do nothing special other than the clay pot in the oven.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010