Has anyone done this before? Can you share?

Awhile back I was diagnosed with Gallstones. Since than I have been following a low-fat vagan diet.

Recently, I did a 5 day cleanse, no solid food, lots of water, juice and chamomile tea. Today is day 5.

I just learned that taking 3 tbs of olive oil followed with lemon juice will add in the removal of stones. I want to try it but I'm worried. Could the olive oil trigger another Gallbladder attack? My last attack was eatting some really fatty cheese and I haven't eaten cheese since.

Anyone done this or can tell me more?

Thanks for any advice / thoughts. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I have a good friend that did an olive oil cleanse and she passed her stones easily. She even showed them to me! She had a dr telling her he was ready to schedule surgery to remove her gallbladder and she was not wanting to do that. The thing is, depending on how large the stones are, trying to do a cleanse to pass them on your own can have serious complications if they are really large. At least that is what I have read. So I don't know..... Good luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Good luck.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I do not know if I would do this!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Good luck and let us know if you tried it
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 6:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010