How much did your tummy shrink when you breastfed?

Did it shrink all the way back down or did you have to work it off?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 6:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• Not at all. I hear all the time about how BFing will help you loose all the baby weight. I nursed both of my oldest and never even came close to being pre-baby again.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Just so you know...your stomach is NEVER the same after having a baby.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• That was one thing I was really pissed about that my mother never told me.
    Cochise

• None, Im still working!
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• still not back to my pre-pregnancy pants size and my youngest is 3 years old!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Everything else on me is shrinking except for my boobs (yay!) but I still have the pooch. Then again, I just had the baby less than a week ago. Breastfeeding sure is helping my uterus shrink down, but i'd like to get rid of the pooch somehow. i'm sure there's a trick, besides lipo suction. lol Yoga yoga yoga!
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I went right back into a size 1 the day after I had my son and I was breastfeeding. My stomach was still soft and needed re-toned, but it looked the same as before I was pregnant.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• by the 6th month mark after I had my kids they had sucked my stomach down to a size 0! I was a size 3 when I got pregnant.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• shrunk a lot.. and im even lighter than i was pre baby however... tummy is still not the same as b4.. close but quite there yet.. i had my dd 7 months ago.. but i haven't done any exercise since..
    urban_baybee

Answer by urban_baybee at 6:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Not at all, in fact I was so hungry, I gained a little bit, my friend on the other hand, nursed for 6wks, and before 4wks was up, she was just as perfect as she was before, I hate her. lol.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010