ever wake up with a charlie horse??

maaaaan those things huuuuuuuurt!! i woke up with one this morning, i get them once every few months, and i swear i coulda cut my leg off..lol..ouuuuuuch!!!!

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• TODAY!!!!!!
    I get them once in a while, like 4x a year.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• All the time with my last pregnancy. My husband would always rub my legs, lol.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes! They are horrible. I have noticed since taking vitamins I haven't had one in awhile. I hear they can be caused by lack of potassium.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Once in awhile, but I get them all the time when I am pregnant.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• During pregnancy..yes!
    The thing to do when you feel one coming on is to stretch your toes up toward you..thats the best I can describe it,lol.
    It makes it stop right away. Wish I had knew that sooner...one time I got one so bad that my leg hurt for like 3 days!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yaaa, mine has been hurting all day to, which makes it really hard because i walk constantly at work..uuugh! YUCK!! lol
    alexis_06

Comment by alexis_06 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I get them all the time. I am diabetic and when my sugars are high i become dehydrated and thats what causes them, drink more water/liquids :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 6:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I've been getting a lot of them in this pregnancy.  It's really getting annoying.  I'm tired of waking up to them every other day.

And kimberlyinberea is right.  You have to stretch the muscle while you're having one.  It will hurt like hell at first but it's the only way to really stop them.  When I was a teen I would get them and didn't know that and then the next day I'd be in so much pain I couldn't walk.  My mom was the one that showed me what to do.  I got one yesterday morning and I had no pain after it was over because I stretched.

The only one that gave me problems was a really bad one last month when I got tangled in my sheet and couldn't get up to stretch it out in time.  I could barely walk the next morning.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Once when I was pregnant with my daughter...it was the WORST

and my hubby had one a few weeks ago..I think due to dehydration

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• All the freaking time. Usually I just jump right out of bed and walk it off, but once in awhile even that doesn't help.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010