Best thing your mother ever told you about being in a relationshipe or married?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't start the marriage doing something that won't be so cute in 10 years. It may be sweet to bend over backwards to be the perfect wife at first, but in 10 years you're going to be pissed he never picks up his socks.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Married people don't belong in bars. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Your man may be the head of the house, but you're the neck that supports him and lets him know which way to turn.

It showed up in My Big Fat Greek Wedding and I laughed.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'll let you know when she gives me any good advice about marriage! My marriage has outlived all of hers - even if you add a few of hers up!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• When I got married at the ripe old age of 18, the only marital advice my mom gave me was right after the ceremony. She told me that I had made my bed, now I should go and sleep in it. It was the best advice she could have given me. I took it to mean that I had chosen the man I had married and I should learn to be happy. That was 45 1/2 years ago, and we are still married. We knew it was for life, and my mom told me not to come running back to her and Daddy. So I never did. They loved my husband like their own son until the day they died, and we have had a wonderful life. But if Mom hadn't said what she did to me, I probably would have gone running back to where things would seem better.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Don't go to bed mad and kiss each other before you turn over to sleep.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• "Keep your disagreements at home and work them out amongst yourselves. Don't broadcast them to your mother, your best friend and everyone else who will listen.

then most on this site would be in trouble!
    but that is good advice.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Choose your battles.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 6:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Keep your disagreements at home and work them out amongst yourselves. Don't broadcast them to your mother, your best friend and everyone else who will listen.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Make sure you can cook and clean
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 6:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010