My 12 yo niece caught "playing doctor" with her 11 yo brother? Would you be raising hell? I am!

The parents say dont worry-it is just curiosity!

MISTY222204

Asked by MISTY222204 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think maybe she needs someone to talk to her and let her know what is right and wrong. I don't think I would be raising h*ll since there is not much you can do about it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• In my opinion they are a little too old to be 'playing doctor' but their parents are right it is just curiosity and if these children are quite immature then in some cases it could seriously just bit be a little bit of small child curiosity. However I think the parents need to tell these children that it is not acceptable to do this, it is up to the parents to teach them about this. There's no point in raising hell it's done, they just need to make sure it nevre happens again.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't be raising hell I would be talking. It sounds like they are both old enough for "the talk". They are just curious they need someone to explain things to them.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• are you serious?? they are too old to be "curious" like that and esp. too young to be playing dr. Im sorry if i seem harsh but id be furious!!
    SarahS8674

Answer by SarahS8674 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Very normal.. Hopefully parents will talk to them and let them know they can always go to their parents.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Um....no. I wouldn't be "raising hell", but I would be having a serious discussion with BOTH of them. A 12 year old girl, especially now KNOWS what is going on. Depending on what "doctor" entailed, therapy may be necessary.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• its normal. i think alot of kids play that
    lilmamalovesdru

Answer by lilmamalovesdru at 7:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Normal for 5 year olds. Not so normal for 12 and 11 year olds. Way too old and should have had talks before now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• For a child thats 5 maybe 6 but 12 and 11? Yea...that's too old
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• 12 year old "playing doctor" and parents saying it's only "curiosity" is something that could raise flags. That is just weird!!!
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 5:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2010