Did/do your parents have a favorite?

Do you feel like your mom or dad had a favorite out of you and you siblings?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think every parent has a child that they can most easily relate to and understand. The relationship between a parent and this child just seems to work more smoothly. Some kids push some parents' buttons. It is what it is. People who say otherwise are likely being less than honest.

1 of our kids relates easier to my husband, and the other to me. I guess we are lucky.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• As an only child, I like to think that I was the favorite!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My older brother seemed to be favored more. They would tend to spend more money on him at Christmas and let him get away with a lot of stuff (playing hooky from school all the time).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• When my oldest brother was 4, my parents begin ttc for my 2nd oldest brother. After being told they couldn't conceive, they spent a total of 4 years ttc and finally achieved him. We've always teased my mom about him being her baby because of it. 7 years after my brother, I came along. You'd think with being the only girl I'd be the favorite growing up, but nope. Definitely my brother. I can say now though that I'm pretty sure it's me :) My mom and I best friends.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes my brother he was the youngest out of us three it was Me the oldest ...my sister who was a year younger... and my brother (the baby) he would get away with alot and be babied by my mom so much ugh I didnt like it :(
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 6:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My brother is THE baby, even though he is 25 and married. It's always been that way though and I have never had a very good relationship with my parents.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My sister was always the favorite when we were growing up, but now even she has lost favor. My kids (the only grandkids) have taken the "favorite" position over either of us!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm an only child, so like LoriKeet, I like to think I was the favorite! :D
    My DH is clearly favored, and so our kids (their grandkids). It's caused a strain on his relationship with his older brother because of it. Has been strained since forever and a day.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes. My parents did and still do favor my brother. I think they feel that since they didn't plan for him they have to favor him. It was bad when we were kids, but now that we are older (I am 4 years older) it is even worse. My brother has no responsibilities because they baby him and spoil him so bad.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• One of my brothers was the favorite. My mother admitted it later when he chose a different path than she had planned for him. He got the best of everything and all the praise. If he wanted to persue something all of her energy went into it. Kind of funny now he no longer has any contact with her because she didnt like his wife and tried to break them up. So he would follow her chosen path for him. She told him he was a waste of her time LOL
    i dont talk to her anymore either. She has some serious mental issues.
    My dad didnt play favorites. He treated all of us equally. But he did admit that it was harder on him to be equally hard on me because i was the only girl. But I never saw any difference.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010