How Long Do You Think A Couple Should Wait To Marry After They've Met?

ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it all depends on how old you are, and how stable your relationship is! Case in point I dated and was engaged to a man for a total of 6 YEARS before I called off the engagement. I was 29 and my ex-fiancee was 35 at the time.

I then met my husband 16 months later when I was 31 and he was 37. We were engaged 5 months after meeting, and married 8 months thereafter! We'll be married 10 years in October! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think it depends on the couple. I think you shouldnt rush into stuff but also why wait for 10 years O.o
    Darkdevinity

Answer by Darkdevinity at 7:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think it's hard to set a certain time for everyone... since we're all very different, have vast views on love and all that. :]
    I met my hubby and knew him for only 2-3 months before flying halfway across the country to be with him and marry him. We're still together and very happily so.
    My friend, on the other hand, had been with her guy for 3 years, they got married and everything started falling apart.

To each their own.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• For us it was 2 years.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think people should wait at least a year after they've started dating, sure you might know they're "the one" before that but why rush it? If they're "the one" then they'll still be "the one" in a year!

DH dated for a year before getting engaged and the we were engaged for 2 years so for us it was 3 years.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i dont think there is any certain time frame that fits everyone...i personally would not marry anyone who i had not lived with for ATLEAST a year
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Hard to speak for anyone else for me it was 2 yrs after I met my husband only because I didnt want my mom to sign if your underage you need a parent signature You have to really know someone before you make a commitment like marriage
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 7:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I don't think there is a right time. Personally, if we hadn't gotten married for medical reasons, we never would have married, I don't see a reason for it beyond medical control. But there are people out there who are married within months and the marriage lasts for years and years... And then there are those who wait 10 years to marry and are divorced 2 years later...

There is no blanket rule about time - each couple is different and each love is different - so each relationship & marriage is going to be as well.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think at LEAST a year until the wedding day.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 8:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• im there with manicmooma02. i married my dh after 3 mths and we are going on 3 years strong. yes it was fast and if i had the chance to go back in time i would still marry him but maybe wait atleast 9 mths.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010