Help! Head injury!

My 3 year old biffed it off the couch head first imidiately got an inch off the head goose bump and my mind went blank on danger signs of head injuries. She seems fine, I'm icing it, but i forgot what to look for to see if it messed something more serious up. HELP PLEASE! (I'm not showing her I'm nervous, I don't want her to panic, I just need to know Asap!)

ChristianMamaO3

Asked by ChristianMamaO3 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Just call the ER and let them know and make sure you are doing all that you can do and what to watch for

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Call a doctor plz..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• double vision, slurred speech, dizzyness, acting disoriented or different from how she usually acts.
    change of behavior can be a biggie.
    I'm not a medical professional, but if she hit her head you may want to consider having a doctor look at her.
    I hope she's ok!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• nausea as well is a sign of concussion
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Sleepiness, headache, bilateral differences in pupil dilation, vomiting, dizziness, etc. If you have questions, you should speak to a doc
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 7:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• In addition to what itsMe and layh said...did she black out or lose consciousness for even a second? Is she acting drowsy? If she has a decent sized "goose egg" it's a safe bet she has at least a mild concussion. She should be evaluated and observed by a a professional IMMEDIATELY! Mild concussions can turn serious 24-48 hours later, so waiting it out isn't always the best thing! Better to rule things out!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Lori, no she was sitting right next to me and lunged up to be goofy like her sisters(whom were not on the couch) and just catapulted herself right off the edge. Straight from goofy to crying. Its her nap time and I was about to put them all down right before, so drowsy is what she was right before that burst of silly. Hard to tell if its abnormal. I'm going to check her out again, hold on
    ChristianMamaO3

Comment by ChristianMamaO3 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Speach fine, pupls fine, able to walk straight & stand on one foot.. Agrees to read me a book when asked, is acting normally says her stomach feels fine, and her head feels better. Her head looks horrible, said shes cold. I'm going to keep an eye, for a few little longer. Thanks for the signs to look for!! :)
    ChristianMamaO3

Comment by ChristianMamaO3 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2010