Online Degrees

I want to get my bachalors in socila and behavioral science but need to be able to work so id like to do it online.. Any one ever completed online schooling ? How was it, How hard was it to find work afterwards? Which school is best?

Wassybear

Asked by Wassybear at 3:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• Some colleges offer it. I know MU (University of Missouri Columbia) offers online courses so that you can work at your own pace. They are more expensive than the normal classes but they are more convenient.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 4:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I completed my degree online through a local university. I liked it because I could work late at night, early in the morning etc. Since I also worked full-time and have a family I enjoyed the flexibility. Some say it is more work than being in the classroom but it was worth it to me. I got my syllabus with my assignments and due dates. Assignments were usually due once a week and I had to participate online as well in a forum type setting with other students. I only had to go to the school to take the tests at the end of the semester. Some people like to be in a classroom with others, so if you need that interaction it might be a little challenging for you.

As far as how hard it was to find a job, I quit my job to work an at home business.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Try to find a college around you that offers online classes. Some classes really should be taken on campus and you can do them on weekends or nights. Even schedule a meeting with a counselor even if are not going to there college they have really good info and the first one I went to told me which options would work best for me that is why I started at community and not there.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 11:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Bad idea unless the college is local!! I did classes online and the teachers didn't care to help when I had questions. So, I ended up dropping out. :( I am very upset about it but also learned my lesson. I will go to a local college next time. Hope this helps!
    Anonymous