If you had a wedding, did you wished you eloped? Or vice versa?

I was thinking after my wedding - I could have gone on a fantastic honeymoon with the money we spent on the wedding ...

tasches

Asked by tasches at 8:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My first wedding - yes. I wish we had done something much smaller, simpler and less expensive. For the second time - DH and I went to Las Vegas and got married by Elvis! It was way more fun than the classic, "formal" ceremony I had the first time.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 9:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My wedding was a disaster, Eloping would have been simple and easy without all the hassle.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We went to the courthouse, just the two of us, and I wouldn't want it any other way!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We got married through Justice of the peace we were young and broke I loved it no we didnt need to elope
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 8:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My mom had told me I could either have a reception or take the money that we would have used for the reception. I told her I wanted to take the money and she went back on her word...lol Looking back, I don't regret having a reception, but I sure would have liked the money!!!!! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I wanted to elope so bad but my husband wanted a wedding. If we could do it all over again I would get married on the beach just me and my husband.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We actually did both. We eloped almost two years before we had our wedding.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i just wish we wouldnt have invited everyone.. I was very happy with where we got married and i'm happy i had my dress and everything was so beautiful but i really feel like all my family were pretty damn rude. They didnt treat it like my wedding. They treated it like any other day. I wouldve been so much happier if it was just me, dh, my son, his parent and grandma, and my mother and my grandparents. I wouldve saved lots of money on food and decoration too.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• WHat matters most is the l♥ve not the wedding.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nope. In fact we would like to do it again in a few years. We are planning on re-newing our vows at the 10 year point and having a big huge "wedding" of our dreams then - my family kinda took over the first one since she paid for it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010