C section mamas...

Don't you HATE when they tie you down to the table to cut you open? Ugh....I just laid on my bed on my back and realized in two weeks i'm going to be split open! What sucks is that i'm going to have to be tied down on that stupid table! lol Anyone else with me? At least they gimme those warm blankets....lol

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL.
    I always feel absurd, until I'm completely numb.
    It's because some women react differently to the medications, and their limbs start twitching involuntarily. haha. Extra precautionary to everyone involved, including the momma and the baby. :]
    Congrats to you! YAYYY. Baby soon. Hello sleepless nights. :P
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Both times I felt sick and they had to tilt the table to make the nausea go away.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I wasn't tied down. The arm with the IV in it was sort of tied to keep it still, but other than that, I could've moved if not for the spinal block, of course.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh hun...congrats on the baby....as for my experience...THEY DIDN'T tell me they would tie me down...I thought what the HECK...good luck
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My arms were only strapped down for 2 of my 4.  I remember the one I kept getting this awful itch on my nose from the medication they gave me and I couldn't scratch it.  Drove me nuts.  I always end up needing a dose of benadryl after surgery because I'm allergic to something they give me.  I didn't even realize I was doing so much scratching with my 2nd one until my doc came in after I was in my room (4 hours later) and couldn't stop scratching around my face/hairline.  I looked all red and blotchy I guess.

My last on (#5) is in 5 days.  Can't wait to get this kid out.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• The first time the epi wore off and I apparent;ly started kicking and fighting the doctors right after they got my DD out. The second time I told them I had to be put out or else I would have a panic attack lol. I don't recall being tied down ever though.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Ooh yeah. Nausea was bad.
    They had to tilt the table and pump me with an anti-nausea medicine.
    With my second, I actually did puke. Yuck.

I was SO COLD too. The blankets are always awesome, they aid in my loopy/sleepiness... haha
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Being strapped to the table was something I did not expect at all. I was so numb about the whole experience and felt so detached, it was just bizarre. One reason I am not having another baby. :( C sections are terrible.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If you don't want to have your arms tied down, ask your doc *before your c-section* to not do it. Make it part of your birth plan. For my first c-section, since it was an emergency, I didn't know that would happen, and I hated it. To me, that was the worst part of the birth. For my second, I asked, and the doc said that as long as I kept my hands on my side of the drape, I didn't have to have them tied down. But if I couldn't keep them on my side, he'd have to do it to keep the surgical area as sterile as possible. And I didn't have them tied down. It helped.

I can't promise you that your doc will agree, but if you don't ask, he (or she) can't say yes.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh dear god! I missed that part about you being there in two weeks! I'm so sorry! I should NOT have told you that story!! If it makes it any better my anesthesiologist was a complete moron, and I would have known better if it hadn't been my first kid :)

Good luck and congrats!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010