Boardgames Anyone?

Does anyone have any boardgames that they will never use again? Puzzles?

Me and my SO are doing poorly. I really believe that its because instead of spending time with each other we're too busy playing Farmville or watching T.V./Movies. Its really because we have nothing else to do. We also have a daughter that I would love to grow up with game-night or teach her via games. I've been trying to get these types of things but they're so expensive :/

So I'm asking you ladies that if you're never going to use those old games/puzzles again (and all the pieces are intact) to do some spring-cleaning and maybe give them to someone in need.

If not, ideas are appreciated too ^_^

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 9:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Man, I've I'd known this about 3 weeks ago I could have hooked you up. I sold Risk, Monopoly, Candy Land and a few others in a yard sale.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• There is nothing better than a few decks of inexpensive cards. Many games can be played for all ages and they hardly take up any space.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 9:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Check out the thrift stores, yard sales, church basement sales.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Your daughter is still young. So you can slowly buy classic beginner games now. It will be awhile before she has the attention span or be able to take turns. As far the two of you. You can get those 3 in 1 game sets. The deck of cards and classic games are also good ones two. You don't have to buy it all at once, just look at getting 1 a month or every few months. If you want to start family activities, try bike riding or walks. Or maybe check out the local Recreation department for all sorts of outdoor ideas. We are trying to start the same here. GL

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My son and I do puzzles, he is 5 and really likes them. There are some games he plays with his Dad that I don't have the patience for and that's okay. I wanted to allow my son to do whatever and my husband said, oh, no, he has to follow the rules and all and that is what they do. It really takes time. You do what you feel comfortable doing.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• DevilInPigtails I know she's too young but if she grows up around them and we let her do things like hold the $1's for monopoly or something she'll develop a love for them and will WANT to count, spell, things like that and wont even know she's learning lol.

I can't get my honey to play cards at all. He said he's tired of it. And I really want those 4-games-in-1 things but he refuses to play on the inexpensive ones, especially chess (he's ridiculous I know). We were having a lot of fun playing Mastermind and Risk at my sister's and that's what gave me the idea.
    Deathlilly

Comment by Deathlilly (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010