Dh wanted me to ask this question on CafeMom

Ok, Dh, likes to fart, and he thinks he's comical when he's stinking the house up, he likes to lift his leg, or slam the dog in his butt, or dutch oven me, OR he'll do it in front of me while I'm eating...
Now, I usually wouldn't complain about it, but I am pregnant, and it's soo very disgusting. I tell him all the time how it makes me vomit in my mouth, and all he does is laugh and say, "I'm sorry!"
I just accidently let a loud one out, and he's like, "How come it's ok for you to fluff, but it's not for me?"
And, all I can say is, "I'm pregnant!?"
Therefore, he made me write this question for all you CMs to hash out and give me your opinions and advice!
Thanks!

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 9:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Health

• Of course it's ok for girls to fart, pregnant or not, but our farts smell like roses! :-p
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Next time he makes you puke in your mouth make sure you let it fly in his direction. Then when you do it ACCIDENTLY tell him there is more room in than out right now. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think it is very rude and disrespectful of him! And yes you have an excuse...You are prego and you weren't trying to be rude right? It sounds like he tries. I wouldn't put up with it if I were you.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• so he does it all the time and thinks it's funny and you are pregnant and cant get away with it? its not like you did it on purpose or thought it would be funny to make him throw up.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• OK, so he's doing it to be gross and you let one out accidently. That's why its OK for you and not for him! Pregnancy causes gas for some reason, so you get a free pass on that one. I burped and farted through both my pregnancies. LOL.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh Cmon! He does it all that time and laughs over it, you do it once while pregnant and he gets offended. I'd keep a can of lysol near me and the next time he does it, spray him till the smell is gone and see how he likes it. If you have to deal with his farts then he can deal with the Lysol.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i can understand how the smell of the farts can be more intense while being pregnant. Other than that (if you werent preg)...it wouldnt bother me..i'd be letting em rip right back at him. It would be fart wars
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• UH you did it on accident, he doesn't. YUK.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I hope to never be that comfortable with someone. That's disgusting. I would never marry a pig like that.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would make sure u vomit on him! and it is different when your pregnant. The hormons make u fart! As for him and his issue I would bet he has a problem digesting either dairy or gluten.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010