I'm planning a trip to vegas for three days. Has anyone ever been?

Any advice on great deals?
Places to go/things to do?
Great hotels?
Things I should know?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes i have Dont leave ur purse or any of your belongings for one sec, i learned the hard way, also dont keep anything im your pockets, they love to pick pocket you there...

MGM hotel is fab!!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I LOVE Vegas!!!
    as far as deals go...no idea-it's not as cheap as it used to be that's for sure!
    definitely go to Mandaly Bay and try the buffet they have there-best buffet EVER! Check out the MnM's store it's kinda cool, go see the big kitties at MGM Grand, go see the dolphins at the Mirage ...the pirate Show in front of TI is cool- the Luxor is one of my favorites, and upstairs they have some cool stuff to do
    the old strip is worth seeing too-with the big canopy over it ...there is the wax museum too and definitely go to the Venetian and wander around-it's amazing in there
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Wear comfy shoes, you'll be really walking a ton. A cab is worth the money. There is a tram type deal that goes from one hotel to the next, and it can really save time getting around rather than walking if you've only got 3 days. Definitely make time to see the water show at night in front of the bellagio. Good luck, we went there for 5 days 6 nights for our honeymoon and it wasn't long enough, and we hope to go back again, it was lots of fun. There are so many neat shows you can see, many of them pretty cheap or free if you scout around. Good luck.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Oh and I thought NY, NY hotel was awesome, we rode a rollercoaster at the top of it, and they have other neat stuff going on up there. Madame toussou's wax museum was really cool too- that's in the venetian.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We went for my best friends wedding and stayed at Hooters.. Its just off the strip and we saved tons of money compared to our friends at MGM and NY NY We also renewed our wedding vows with elivs at "a elvis chapel"
    pinkbraclets

Answer by pinkbraclets at 9:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We use this site and stayed at the South Point south end of the strip at $35 night. The have shuttle services for the airport.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Wow thanks! It all sounds so exciting but now I wish I could stay longer lol.
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I always stay at the statosphere. It's always way cheaper because it's at the very end, and is a good hike to the main strip. It's like staying in a cheap hotel, but you don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. I second the wax museum. I've been there twice! I also loved checking out the inside of the Luxor. Of course the Bellagio fountain. Just walk up and down the strip and you won't run out of fun things to check out. I second the comfortable shoes. It's easy to get lost in hotel shops and you will be walking a lot!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Theres a nice hotel but still cheap called TheHOTEL it's actually located inside another awesome hotel ( I think MGM)It's at the end of the strip buy there is a tram that takes you directly inside the neighboring hotels. Alot of the other hotels listed here are alot older than this hotel and pretty far off from all the good stuff on the strip. This one isn't like that. Right a acRoss the street is another big hotel where they have cirque de solei which you should check out!!! KA is the best!!! I heard jersey boys is too. Oh we went to this really cool lounge that was literally completely made of ice. Cups, bar everything! It's called minus 5. Let me worn u it's freezing so dress really warm although they provide jackets and stuff but you should definitely wear a beanie or something, your ears get realy cold but as long as they are covered your fine. huge chocolate waterfall in the venetian, they sell great stuff too, yum
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 10:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010