what should i do?

My dd is 20 months old and she is daytime potty trained but she has a little foam tinkerbell chair and whenever she sit on it she does her pee...how do i get her to stop peeing on it? Please no bashing and saying she is not ready to be potty trained thank you

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I can see the confusion for her. Just take her to the bathroom when she pees (even if she's done) and tell her that she is to pee in the bathroom. It might take you several times but she will catch on. Personally I'd get rid of the Tinkerbell chair. It's confusing her.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Honestly, i would probably put it away. If that's the only place she is having "accidents", it must be some kind of trigger for her. Do you have something tinkerbell in the bathroom, or maybe the same colors. Does she have a potty seat that has the same feel. She *is* young and probably experiencing some confusion.
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Get rid of the chair? And everytime she asks for it take her to the potty.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• And this is the only place she pees? Or does she pee in the potty at all?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• She uses the potty all day long as long as she have not got that chair. i have taken it away from her and she goes pee in the potty all the time but when she gets it back she sits on it and pees
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I agree, put away the chair and just let her know that the potty is what she needs to pee in.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Take it away from her. I guess she thinks it is a potty or something, and it's gonna be hard to clean.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I agree, pack the chair away. Then when potty trainig is all done and over with, get it back out. It will be like a new toy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010