For those of you who DO get your babies ears pierced...

At what age would you allow them to get their nose or belly button pierced?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• When they're old enough to pay for it with their own money.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I am going to say around 16 at the earliest younger then that is just to young for me especially with the belly button cause she is going to want to show off her piercing and that could just attract the wrong kind of attention..so a sweet 16 present lol
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nose and belly button... probably 18
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Sorry for butting in on this one lol I won't pierce either of my girls' ears until they're old enough to consent. I was just thinking that you bring up an interesting point here. My mom pierced my ears when I was only 3 weeks old. I was 14 when I got my belly button pierced and 16 when she signed for (yes signed for) my first tattoo. I no longer wear the belly ring and I regret the tattoo every day. I didn't see a connection with the ear piercing until just now lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• GinNTonic that would mean i couldve gotten it done at 14 thats the earliest you can get a job in NY with working papers thats a little young dont you think?
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• NO.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• 18
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry I did my daughters when she was 2 weeks old..If that makes me a bad mom so be it..I figure if I do it when she is little she will not remember the pain. I don't regret it 1 bit so no bashing thank u..I think it is to each there own..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i dont remember when my mom had my ears done....too young to remember but i pierced my own nose when i was 12 then got my tounge done when i was 16. got my first tat at 17....all my piercings are out now tho...and all my tats are in places where they can be hidden easily...but the funny thing is..my dad when my older brother was about 11 or 12 my dad got his ear pierced so my brother would too...HAHAHAHA!!! that totally backfired by the time he was 18 he had over 22 piercing all over his face and body!!!! he has also since taken them all out he is 30 now.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I do NOT believe in piercing babies ears. But when they are old enough to ask for and care for the piercing itself I'm fine with it. I don't see any issue with body or facial piercings either but again, they have to be old enough to ask for and care for it. What I don't understand is how parents can decide FOR a child that they are going to get their ears done and then not allow them to have other things done when they are actually old enough to make the choice themselves... Seems a little backwards to me!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010