I'm on PA, and want to get my tubes tied!!!!!

This will be our last child, and we don't want to chance having anymore kids. We would have it done when I have this baby....will the medical card cover this procedure?
Please no bashing....I want serious answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's cheaper to them than to pay for another child. I don't know of anyone who has been turned down for it on PA

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm almost positive it will, I know here in Kentucky it will.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It covered mine.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• you may have to contact medicaid. i think they have a website
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I was on Medicaid and had a tubal. It covered me.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think NM Medicad covered my sister inlaw when she got hers.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nice, I'm doing the same thing. This will be my 5th child and will be the last. My Dr said that Medicaid should cover it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My SIL wanted to get her tubes tied, but because she had not been seeing an ob during the pregnancy, they told her they wouldn't do it (her first time seeing a doctor was when she was in labor). It wasn't medicaid that said no, but the doctor. Most doctors want you to decide so long in advance just in case you change your mind. They don't want you to make that type of decision while you are in labor, because you may not be in your right state of mind, lol. So, yeah, just tell you ob up front that that is what you want, and it shouldn't be a problem.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes it covers it tell your doctor now you want it done after baby comes. The dr may have you go ahead and sign consent for it to be done on file so medicaid will pay for it.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• yes it will pay for it but, as others have said, you need to tell your doc ahead of time because most docs require you to sign a consent as much as 90 days in advance to give you time to make sure you arent going to change your mind.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2010