(Pagans and Wiccans Only please) Is what I do a type of spellwork?

I am a psychic. I have people asking me all the time to help them. So, what I do is send them light. I have noticed that if I have some kind of negative thought while I am sending it, things don't go well. Otherwise, they usually work out fine. So, is this a type of spellcasting or what?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can see where that would fall under the umbrella of spellwork but, I'd probably consider it energy work, energy healing, something like that. I guess that is because it's very directly working with the energy & I'd probably look at spellwork as being slightly less direct. Not that they can't work equally well just, when I think of spells I generally think more of ritual as the tool to get to the place of effecting things. Whereas in energy/healing work YOU are that tool. JMO, but, not married to it; it's all different names for the same thing.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Any time you are focusing your energy on a goal in order to change things it's magick... I believe the same "rules" that apply to magick apply to all life so it would work here too!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina... it is what your thoughts or intent are that can determine your goal...
    thinking of or using positive energies brings positive results and the same will go with negative...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm psychic also and have a question for you. Are they YOUR negative thoughts or are you picking them up from the person you are helping? Just curious because I have ran into this also a few times.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I personally would consider it a form of magic. It's my belief that everyone does magic, whether intentionally or not, whether powerfully or not. Your energy is influencing the world. Spellwork is doing that consciously and intentionally, and practicing to increase one's focus and the power of that influence. Spellwork is a tool; you may use another tool for similar ends, or ends specific to your own life and purpose.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010