how do you kno wen to start potty training ur baby?

i was potty trained at 9 months old is that way young or should i wait a lil longer then my parents did?

kyliekye90

Asked by kyliekye90 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is way young. Their body has to physically be ready for it. I don't think that is possible for an average for a year. My son was 18 months and one day he did it on his own, we hadn't even started yet. Needless to say, it started then.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• my oldest was potty trained at 19 months and 2nd was at 21 months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Depends do you want to be potty trained or do you want your child to be. I went for I wanted my child to be, I wanted her to be able to do 90% of it without me.

So my oldest I started when she was constantly having dry diapers in the morning, at 18 months. With my youngest just after 2. She had a bad rash again. So I told her to use the potty (we had a training one out) she did. By the next day I didn't really have accidents. Now she would have been done at about 18 months too, but hubby was deployed, and we moved. not the time. I got lucky with the monkey see monkey do behavior. now at 2.5 I only have to wipe for #2. The secret to potty training using cloth undies, only use pull up types if you have to. Know were all the rest rooms are and don't be afraid to ask.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2010