Secret-Clinical Strength?

Does anyone use Secret Clinical Strength? Do you apply it according to the directions (AT BEDTIME)? Does it work?

I've over the years have gotten flustered with deodorant/antiperspirant. I've just found that they really don't work, no matter what brand, properly for me. I still have wetness issues. I have thought about getting something like the secret-clinical strength seeing it's over the counter, but I was reading the directions on how you are to apply it a bedtime. According to the website it will still "work" even if I take a shower the next morning.

The whole thing just seem weird to me, so I thought I would ask if there are users here and if they have found it works, even when applying it according to the directions? (I noted the money back guarantee on it is only valid if used according to the directions.)

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i have a lot of sweat problems too and i LOVE it! it DOES work better if you shower and then apply it at night because the deodorant has more time to soak into your skin and plug the sweat ducts before you start sweating the next day, but i like to shower in the morning and if i put it on at night it would just wash off, so i apply it in the mornings and it still works better than any other deodorant i've tried. it's not a complete cure though. it's been in the 90's and really humid around here lately and i still soak the pits of my shirt if im outside for long. if you can afford it, the best thing i've heard is botox injections in your pits. i have an aunt that has it done and she doesnt sweat in her underarms AT ALL anymore....if only i had the money :(
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• There is one that comes in a green bottle. My mom used it for the same issue. It worked well for her. I want to say Michelin. I have seen it advertised as the hardest working antiperspirant.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My mom uses it. Never read the directions that it was to be applied at night. I always put it on after the shower, as in the summer months I use it on really hot hot days. I have found with deoderant in general, I can't consistantly use the same one. I have to use one, say Degree, then switch to another one like Secret. But when the clinical ones came out, they are great for super hot days. My mom is the same way, having to switch deoderant brands each bottle.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I use it and I apply it after my shower in the morning.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• All products I hear should be applied at night time! I've tried this and other same kinds. They seems to work for awhile and then wear off . Not as much! Sometimes products like Soft & dri have nighttime & daytime versions! Best of Luck finding what helps & works for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Angellinda-This is the first I've heard that all products should be applied at night time. I even grabbed the stuff I'm currently using and it simply said to apply to under arm. There is no indication that it should be done at a certain time of day. I'm not so sure if all should be applied at night because when I was reviewing secrets clinical strength site it stated "Secret Clinical Strength Advanced Solid is designed to be used differently from most other antiperspirants. For maximum effect, it is important to follow directions carefully."

That would imply that most antiperspirants are applied as needed or after showers, not necessarily once a day at bedtime.
    SAHMinIL2

Comment by SAHMinIL2 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Try not eating meat for a few weeks. Many vegetarians and vegans notice a big difference in perspiration and odor.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Rkoloms-I thanks for your reply, but we aren't huge meat eaters as it is; Yes I have meat, but many of our meals are non-meat meals (because meat is expensive). I've had weeks in our normal course of routine, meals, diet, that I haven't had any meat. This has not changed my issue, nor does it really apply to the question. The same can be said in regards to DeveillinPigtails answer. Even though Angellina answer didn't really have to do with the product in question, her reply was inserting in the fact that she was under the impression that all products of this nature should be applied at night. I truly just would like to have replies based on personal, or known knowledge, experienced about the effectiveness of the product in question when applied according to the directions.
    SAHMinIL2

Comment by SAHMinIL2 (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I've tried it, but I don't think it's any better than any other regular deodorant out there. I live in the desert where 115 degree temperatures are pretty common, and the only deodorant I wear during the summer is this: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=75879&catid=48135

It takes forever to dry and feels sort of sticky until it does, but once it dries, you're covered for the day.  I can run around town in the desert heat all day and I could stick my nose in my armpit and not smell anything at the end of the day.  That's the only deodorant I have ever had that sort of result with.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm not sure if it works..

typically I stay away from Secret products because they never seem to last more than a couple of hours max fo rme.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010