how does this sound (also posted in babies 0-12 months)

we r planning a b day party for my dd who is turning a yr old but we dont wanna waste money so we thought about giving kids cup cakes and adults cake and ice cream for everyone cuz she can eat and hold a whole cupcake and we think it wld also be cheaper...we r gonna do a princess theme thing for her....does anyone have any ideas for us we will bbq have drinks like fruit punch soda and waters.....water ballons and we r renting the public swimming pool and we were trying to think of some games for the kids that she can try to play too cuz i mean it is her party lol and what fun is it if she cant play any of the games?aany fun pool toys u guys know of that she can play with or on/in?

samie_01

Asked by samie_01 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For my first some we made the cake ourself, not pay for one. He had his own little cake and then the big cake everyone else ate. My mom and I made BBQ chicken, because it was actually cheeper to make chicken that any other kind of meat. And we made scalloped potatoes. And green beans. Those were the main things. My son's bday was last August. There weren't a lot of other older kids there, so we didn't have games. Will you need games at a pool?? I would think they will just be swimming anyways.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• you could maybe get one of those floating basketball nets...my son is 1 and he LOVES dropping balls into the hoop of his toy basketball goal....bubbles are also a lot of fun for kids that age. you can get a bubble machine at wal-mart for $10 that blows TONS of bubbles for the kids to chase after (it was my sons favorite 1st birthday present)
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010