Anyone else have this kind of a meltdown when it came to TTC?

Last nite I was upset! I knew I was ovulating since the morning and told SO about it and said that we needed to do it that day. Well I didn't push him but when it was almost 11pm I said, that's it, I give up! I feel like I"m the only one wanting to have another baby cuz I have to remind you of it throughout the day. I got emotional ( I rarely do) and couldn't help it. He said, he listens to me but didn't think it was a big deal to wait til we went to bed. WHAT?? it's a BIG deal. My CF could start drying up by the evening. It's happened before. We ended up doing it cuz I think we both expressed how much we want it but he doesn't say it. I hate this long wait. We're going on 9mos TTC!

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• So sorry. We are ttc and I just got my period yesterday after being 3 days late and I cried and cried. It is hard to think every month 'this is the month' and to find out it isn't. I'll just say what everyone else says: just relax and remember stress isn't good. Easier said than done right! Maybe next month (if it doesn't happen this time) you can plan a date night ahead, get a sitter (if needed) have a nice dinner for 2, put something sexy on, and hit the bed early!!! Good Luck!!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 10:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Dh and I tried to conceive for 4 years (when we were trying for our first). Seems like y'all are falling into that routine of having sex only for conceiving and forgetting the love and fun of it all. If it helps (not sure if you researched or anything of that sort), but, dh and I finally got pregnant the first time when I started taking Chasteberry (Vitex). It brings on ovulation. Doesn't work for everyone, but, I got pregnant with it as did my sister (with twins....FIRST set of twins in my family!!!).
    josie_mommyof2

Answer by josie_mommyof2 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, I had meltdowns all the time. It took us 3 years (4 cycles of Clomid did not work) and finally a month before we were going to do Invitro we got pregnant. I think it was because for the first time in those 3 years we weren't stressed about it. TTC can be the most stressful rollercoaster ride ever!! Just try to remember to have fun with it and by doing that hopefully the stress will go away.
    Good luck to you!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• no my SO could look at me the wrong way and i would end up pregnant. i am currently with number 3 and having my tubes tied after this one. but i would try to not get so stressed out about it. because the more stressed you are the less likely you are to conceive. i would just let nature take its course. and instead of trying to have sex on a schedule put some spice back in to your bed room and just have fun with a worry free time to play. that way if you get pregnant good but if you dont at least you had fun trying. and get to have fun trying again!
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• sorry (hugs) I know how frusturating it can be when you are trying and trying and everyone around you, people who shouldnt be- is getting pregnant and you arent. When ttc our last child it took us 8mths to get pregnant with the help of clomid (turned out I wasnt ovulating) just to miscarry at 14wks5days, then another 9mths and 3 rounds of clomid to get pregnant again that time being told that I only had a 50% chance of carrying the baby because of a subchorionic hemorrhage.. I had many break downs in that time- I was depressed and im sure at times my husband thought about just stopping with the ttc so I would be normal again- infertility sucks! if you need to talk feel free to write me~
    Good luck, I hope everything works out for you this month!
    mommyto4rugrats

Answer by mommyto4rugrats at 1:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I know exactly how u feel i been ttc for over 5 year went to doctors and everything all right it just haven't happen and it make me fustruated than i went wit mp an when it finally came i was very upset and to josie were do u get Chasteberry (Vitex). from
    mrsgriffith601

Answer by mrsgriffith601 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yup, this has been a re-occurrence for me the last couple months. We're on month 15 of TTC right now and about to start round 6 of fertility drugs. It freaking sucks and I hate it! I feel too that only I am making the effort and I get really pissed cuz I have to go through monthly testing, shoving crap up my yahoo so they can look at my ovaries, taking pills, taking tests, and all I need him to do is get his damn rocks off in a timely manner! DAMN IT! Phew, anyway, I feel you! We're decided on whether or not to take a break this month. Just not too sure. Try not telling him when you are ovulating and surprise him. Make it fun. Buy games or lingerie and fun stuff. :D Stress isn't good for you when TTC. *hugs* But I know how you feel dear!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 7:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2010