would you be pissed too?

I sometimes babysit for a friend's 2 yr old girl. The girl's dad dropped her off asleep and put her down in my bed. When she woke up I fed her and started 2 get her ready 4 the park. I saw A LOT of lice and lil eggs in her hair. I called her mom and she said "oh, ---'s dad didn't tell you? She's had them for almost a month now." I'm pissed that noone told me. My hubby doesn't care cause he buzzes his hair and my boys' but I have really long hair. Is it just me or would you be mad 2? How do I make sure that my family & I don't get it?

ajmfmommy

Asked by ajmfmommy at 10:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would be really angry. Seriously, that's disrespectful.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• no, you have every right to be pissed, especially since they've known for a month! WTH! that's something you need to take care of and definitely tell the baby sitter!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would be mad but just wash all your bedding in hot hot soapy water and you should be fine unless your head starts itching...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• OMG! I would be beyond pissed.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I would be pissed! How could no one remeber to tell you? She would get an earful *GGrrrrrr*
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 10:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yeah, I think that would be the last time I watch that kid! That's putting you and your family at a risk, and if they don't have enough respect to even tell you about lice, would they tell you about something more serious? I wouldn't risk it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• That is just soooo wrong...that poor little baby. My God... why would anyone let her go like that for so long. Go to the drugstore and get something for her. This is about as sick as people leaving the animals out in the heat...why would someone not take care of their own child..................... I don't mean you....the momma of this little girl. geeeez
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• eh I would just blow it off as a mistake. People forget. Just wash your sheets and blankets. Spray anything she's come into contact with pyrethrin. (Flea spray) if you can't wash it.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i would be mad...that is so easily spread. that is like sending a kid that is sick over to your house. you just dont do it. i would refuse to watch the kid again untill she is bug and egg free....and for you...i would take everything she came in contact with and put in the dryer full blast for a cycle that will kill the bugs. and also untill you can spray or whatever. use tons of hairspray in your hair the bugs hate that. my kids daycare had a lice outbreak. and would cake on the gel and hairspray everyday. they were like helmet heads...lol....but they did not get the bugs even when most of the other kids did....also i belive they can only live for like two days or so without feeding. but as far as the eggs i duno....i would google how to get rid of it.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, I would be livid! Did you have them come pick her up right away? Nasty that they would continue bringing their child to your home knowing that for a month. I honestly wouldn't babysit anymore.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2010