Are we effing kidding me here?

My boyfriend who has been a jerk since he got a promotion, was rude on the 4th of July ( the last time I saw him), and then didn't speak to me for FIVE days. Today is the fifth day. This evening, out of nowhere, he texts me "Good luck on your interview on Monday." ARE WE EFFING KIDDING ME HERE?! He doesn't speak to me for five days, and then that's the best thing he can come up with to say to me? Am I overreacting or would anyone else be as pissed as I am?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe it's his dumb guy way of saying he's sorry. Some guys aren't good with words. Much less apologies!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• sounds like he was trying to find a reason to contact you. maybe in hope you would talk to him after him being a jerk
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'd say thanks....and if he wants to talk to you more, then he can call you.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think you're OVER REACTING!! Do you have a job interview this coming Monday? If so, I would say it's pretty good that he remembered that. You really haven't shared how he's been a jerk or how he was rude on the 4th. Is his job promotion keeping him from being able to spend time/talk with you? Is the promotion stressful? Is it added responsibility?
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Hard to say. I'd be pissed about the no calling for five days part. But not that thats what he said. Its not like it said "f yourself" Or something. At least it was something nice you know. Men are idiots anyways. He probably didn't think anything of it.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• talk to him. Most guys are bad with apologies
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 10:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• he wants your attention. its his way of starting a conversation so he can make it all good. im not saying apologizing but he doesnt know what your thinking and he wants you to tell him. spill the beans hun
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• See what he had to say maybe he relizes that he did wrong and tring to make a nice text to make up for it.
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 2:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Okay, you said he was rude but WHY was he rude and were you rude back? Did you do or say something to cause him to be rude? Is there a reason YOU didn't call him...because a relationship is a two way street.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'd be happy that he remembered the interview. My DH wouldn't of.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010