I'm getting a cold...

And I know this is going to last like all my other colds...2+ weeks from start to finish. Problem is, is that I go into the hospital to have my baby by C section on the 22nd...which happens to be two weeks away. My parents will be taking care of all the kidlets and i'm afraid they're going to get my cold. Is there ANYTHING I can do to prevent them from catching it????? Seriously....this isn't the time for this to be happening, but it is! Anyone go through the same thing??

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do what Ashley said. Lysol/clorox everything you touch, house phones and cell phones included. When my mom is sick she walks around with a can of lysol for days. No one ever gets sick after her. Make sure all tissues get thrown away immediatly. Make sure the kids wash their hands often as well. Good luck!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• get some clorox wipes, and keep everything clean/countertops, doors, handles, etc. Use antibacterial gel every time you touch your face or blow your nose, don't breathe on them, when I had my newborn I caught a cold when he was only like 3 wks old, and when I was holding him I wore a mask- like one of those medical white masks, and he never caught it. Good luck!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Don't share same bathroom and towels. If you have a share one use it. If not then just use different towels from the rest of the family.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010