Why is it that men get the heat for video games??

Women play them too, and can be just as bad..I play WoW,The Sims, a ton of mmorpg games, and the ps3 was bought for me..I don't neglect my kids..They come BEFORE the games, but everyone assumed at Christmas that the Ps3 was for my hubby lol., and even when he said "no, it's for me wife"They were like "surrreeee", in a sarcastic voice lol..He NEVER uses it..Oh and I can kick his butt in most games too haha ><..Btw this was just for fun, so if it's seems oddly random, sorry lol..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• Usually the men that get the heat for playing video games are getting heat from women who don't play video games. Or have been in my experience. Hubby and I both play video games, we even played wow. But before I knew hubby, I dated a guy who couldn't stand them and I got a lot of heat for playing them. You don't hear a lot about the reverse because most of the time its guys who play and girls who don't.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm the same way LOL

you should have seen the video game store guys when hubby was trying to find a game I wanted - Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball Extreme. LOL apparently girls don't play that game
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Because people don't believe women could play video games I guess. I play them. LOVE WOW! My mage is the best! My husband and I play together after the kids are in bed. Sometimes he plays but I am taking care of the kids and when I play he takes care of them if one of us plays during the day. Our kids love the Wii and PS2 as well as their gameboys. Can't help we are a gaming family!
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My Husband and I both play video games been mainly WoW the past 5 years lol. But we've done others. Its probably just because of what you said " I dont neglect my kids". But its a big problem for men to get wrapped up in the games and distractions and not spend enough time with there families.

Like everything in life its not everyone but Its alot more common for men to lose that priority then men. Even when I was playing I would give my husband "heat" about playing it... for a bit there he was on the WoWcrack hardcore lol. Thankfully that time has come and gone. Its not that he played its his priorities he had when he put gaming before our family that he got in trouble for.
    Darkdevinity

Answer by Darkdevinity at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It is because some men put video games above family and they play for hours on end....just like some men watch TV for hours on end..like when my husband is layed off he watches 8 hours of TV straight! just like our son in law plays video games for 8 hours straight...everything is good to a point but their is over kill and when a woman is doing everything on her own as if she is a single parent because her man has to be playing games yeah it will be time to nag him to death about it...
    I'm not against video games, I don't mind playing lego Batman with a 5 yr old who can kick my butt, but there are other things to do.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I'm not really a gamer. But I couldn't care less if my DH is. it's something he likes, it's legal, it's not unhealthy or hurting anyone... Why get upset about it? I don't see any reason to want him to get off them, then he's just gonna hang around and bug me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yep....I'm a gamer mom & a W.O.W. girl all the way...even though I do play Halo3, Gears & Call and every once in a while Oblivion...my husband does not even know his way around the computer - non electronic type.
    So, I totally get this! It's because women are not suppose to like war & fighting...all that macho type of gaming...LOL!
    When I stop by Game Stop or Hastings, the sales people always assume I am shopping for my hub or son...LOL!
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 6:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010