Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the fact that everyone who posts in here is a mom, YET the simple words THERE THEIR THEY'RE YOUR AND YOU'RE are always misspelled. Sorry, but when you become a mom, you have to step it up!!!

Is it just me. . .

Oliviasmom613

Asked by Oliviasmom613 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I really don't care unless you have no idea what they are trying to say

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No it doesn't bother me. LOL! I think you are just being petty. What does it matter? You could just skip the question.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Two, to, and too...

Yeah, it irks me a bit. I don't let it ruin my day or anything. Once in a while I'll slip up when I'm typing frantically and I'll use the wrong one and feel like a complete moron afterward. Lol!

But yes, I agree that it's basic English and those of us who have English as a first language should know the difference between them.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I think you have a great point. We are mothers. It is our job to raise our children. If we are proofreading a paper, how are we going to do a great job for our children if we don't take the time to learn how to spell ourselves? You owe that much to your child to make sure you are using words properly and spelling them correctly as well.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• they are called typos, it's no big deal.
    I feel sorry for the person that can't figure out the question based on a misuse of words like that.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• its just you miss sophisticated....spelling and grammar aren't a requirement for being a mom...
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Cant say it bothers me at all lol.
    Darkdevinity

Answer by Darkdevinity at 10:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i know what they are trying to say because my strongest subject was english BUT i do know what your TRYING to say but you have to understand there are some parents with kids that had to go through special education for that kind of thing, even me, but for some reason i was in the normal english classes. mispellings should be the lesser of the worry.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• i think being a mom that should be the least of our, are , worries, just because we are not all english majors or worry about the small things like spelling, i would rather worry about other things, personally, life is too short to worry about people mispelling
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 10:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Really? It bothers you that much? Are we horrible mothers now because of it?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010