so medicade approved me but it starts august 1st im 9 weeks now, dont i need to see a dr sooner?

so they approved me for aug, june, july, and march only cos they said i didnt prove i was pregnant! i took a paper in from birthchoice its a plce where i live tht gives free pregnancy tests.. so after i see a dr august 1st i guess. then wht take th papers back to medicade? and dont i need to see a dr sooner?

Rachelxbby

Asked by Rachelxbby at 10:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should be seen by a doctor between 6 and 8 weeks but as long as you feel good and you don"t have any problems or feeling like something isn"t right, you should be just fine until August!!! Good-Luck!!!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• your first ob exam is typically around 8 weeks. Going to Aug 1 will put you about 12, but this early on they typically don't do much except std screening, pap smear, physical and give you the run down on the do's and don'ts, like what foods and medications to avoid. At week 12 they can still do all of this without any negative effects for waiting.

I am assuming you're healthy though. If you have any health or medical issues then you need to be seen sooner.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Well, technically you don't need to see a doctor ever unless you have some sort of medical problem. So you should be fine. Pregnancy is not a disease.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• "Pregnancy is not a disease" LOL! Nah, I wouldn't worry about it since it's only a few weeks away. If you were further along then I'd say yeah, you need to go in earlier, but nothing really happens in the beginning. The doctor will only see you once a month...Congrats on the pregnancy and the government assistance.
    Mom2Coop

Answer by Mom2Coop at 1:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• squish do you know how important prenatal care is? A person can go from nothing to preeclampsia in one visit. It is definatley important to get prenatal care. I wouldn't worry about not being able to get in until August. I didn't even know I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter (had ovarian cysts so assumed that was why period was absent still) until I was 12 weeks along. Also medicaid is retroactive 3 months so if you go in you should be able to submit the bill to your caseworker and she should be able to get it covered. Good luck.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Carmadsmom, thank you for aksing. Yes, I do know the improtance of caring for oneself during pregnancy. The majority of prenatal care is done by the mother herself, in the way she treats her body, and listens to it. If a mother is having signs of eclampsia, of course you should seek medical care. That does not mean that pregnancy is a disease. This does not mean that I think you should avoid seeking care, it simply means that I believe women should be in control of their care. :)

squish

Answer by squish at 11:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010