has anyone ever gave themself an enima?

How dangerous to do that yourself? I haven't been going to the bathrrom right for about 3 weeks now. I went to the doctor he done blood test says it was fine. I had taken taxitives 2 times before going to the dr and only went 4 times each that is why I called the dr I even drank apple juice and taken that orange stuff you mixed in water. I have tried everything so the dr told me to take marlax and that did even work I go, but it is like I can't finish going. I need more ideas of things I can try or ideas of why I can't go? (Blood work came back fine)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I bought a home enema kit when I was pregnant the last time. If you read the instructions and do what it says(it's pretty simple) then it's not dangerous.
    Hopefully it works for you.
    I know the pains of constipation and they're horrible. Best of luck.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I've ALWAYS done them myself, I couldn't imagine asking someone else to help me with that. It's really easy to do, just read the instructions and relax! If you are worried about anything use extra lube to make things easier on "entry."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Just go get a "Fleet" Enema, they only cost a few dollars. Then follow the instructions. Make sure you lay on the bathroom floor though so you are close to the toilet. It is a saline enema, so it is easy on the body.
    Anonymous

• OMG...I wouldn't. I drink lots of water and eat fiber-filled foods such as oatmeal and veggies.....you know you don't have to go everyday. @@ WHen I was younger, I would go about once a week and I was extremely healthy, slim, active and happy.....aren't we too obssessed with #2 ? I think so.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2010