Do you save your change?

Those pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters really add up. Do you save yours? Do you put the saved change in savings or do you dedicate it to a special project or event?

joysings

Asked by joysings at 11:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• the quarters go to doing the laundry. when we have enough we go to coinstar and then out to dinner. we were thinking about saving it for a vacation though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, we put our change into our son's piggy banks.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We normally save it up for a special project, rainy day, or a just for fun day. As a teenager, I saved up enough change to go on a Cruise with my girl scout group. As an adult, the most I have been able to save so far is $150. It is so tempting to get it out and count it and then go spend it!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes by Christmas i have to roll them to help by gifts,
    jennyfrances

Answer by jennyfrances at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Ours goes to our sons piggy bank also
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I use mine for lunch money.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My children get all of my change. I'll also use the change to reward them sometimes for being really good helpers. They save the change, and if they want to buy something at the store, they have to use "their" money.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We put some in the kids' piggy banks and the rest we save in a large coffee can and when it's full we take all 7 of our kids out to dinner, it makes for a great family outing!!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• We put ours in a change jar. Well the change that makes it into the house. We end up having quite a bit of change int he car that gets used for drive throughs, tolls, charity collectors and homeless people.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yes, in our coffee can for special treats.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010