Gas or something else?

I am about 38 weeks along and for about 8 hours today i had this awful feeling like a twisting down below, where it felt like huge amounts of pressure but it was kind of painful... like how constipation feels like sometimes but a lot worse. I had low back pain off and on too... It wasn't constant but it happened around every 15-20 minutes. It ended after 8-9 hours though. I felt the baby move like huge movements but it wasn't the baby that was moving for the whole 8-9 hours... and I didn't have any bladder problems all day.

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 11:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is possible you could be in labor, I would call the doctor and ask him. A lot of women have low back pain or a cramping feeling when they are in labor instead of the pains and stuff you see on tv shows, in Lamaze films, read about in books, etc.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 11:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• it didnt feel like menstrual cramps like the other day when i had a little bit of pain.. it was pain that made me stop in shock and say ow, or i can barely move or think.
    mandie_jean

Comment by mandie_jean (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It could be labor. It could be BH. Try drinking some water and laying down. When I had BH contractions, the best way I could describe it was, "OMG HOW IN THE WORLD IS THERE NOT A FOOT HANGING OUT OF ME OR SOMETHING!!!!" LOL It was like a sharp pain very very low. My labor pains felt more like severe menstrual cramps, but I was induced so that may not be "normal".
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010