4 weeks to go...very nervous about the NEW baby.

i cant shake the feeling that our new son will turn my first sons world upside down...im so tired i dont know how i will handle the two together....my first son is going to be 15 months when 2nd arrives...for anyone whos been through it already what was it like bringing home #2 to such a young older sibling.

april262009

Asked by april262009 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just try to relax and everything fall into place. I'm sure it will be challenging, but you have enough love to go around! Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Include him as much as possible and make sure dad makes special time for him. If the new baby gets presents keep token stuff for him on hand too. When he first visits in the hospital hold HIM right away don't be holding the baby when he comes in. They are close enough in age they will grow up being great friends! congratulations!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I know it's not exactly the same, but I have been worrying about the same thing about my dog. LOL! My dog is 5 and literally thinks she is my baby. I carry her around more than she walks and she screeches when I leave the house (which is usually why I take her with me). Every time I come home with more baby stuff lately she's been trying to tear it up (not normal for her to do) and she's been laying on my chest a lot. I'm afraid her jealousy may turn into outright anger, so I asked around and got some really good ideas that may even help you!
    1. Have someone else carry the new baby into the house and u greet the first child handsfree
    2. Bring the first child a toy or gift
    3. Don't change the amt. of attention you are giving the first child just because you're busy.
    4. Try to include the first child in getting ready for the new child (I've been taking pics of my dog in my son's car seat, basinet, and stroller! LOL!)
    Tay-Brittnie

Answer by Tay-Brittnie at 11:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• My oldest daughter was 15 months old when my son was born.  She came to see him in the hospital and they were so cute together.  The day we brought him home she was sitting on the hospital bed next to him while he was being changed and dressed.  He started crying and she patted his head and tummy, trying to calm him then took her prized binky from her mouth and tried to give it to him.  It was so cute.

That's how was bringing him home.  She just wanted to help with him.  She was very independent and was used to not getting my full attention at all times, though.  They are 10 and almost 9 now and still very close.  I also have an almost 8yo (she's 13 months younger than #3) and a 4yo and our last is due in 4 days.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2010