Would You??

Would you name your child the same as one of your friends? Even if when you picked it out you didnt know that she had already named her son that?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 11:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Baby Names

• Depends on the name and how set you are on it. I had my own personal reasons for the boys name I had picked out. If one of my friend's son's name were the same I wouldn't change it. If I were having a boy I would have choosen to name him after 3 of his great grandpas. If you love the name and want to say it everyday for the rest of your life, use it. Its your child.
    JennCharisma

Answer by JennCharisma at 11:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• No, probably not.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If I really loved the name and felt that it was the right one for my baby, then of course I would.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• If I really liked it, yes. Regardless, there are still going be tons of other people with that name, whether or I know them or not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It would depend on how close I was to the friend, but probably I would.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Depends. If it was a name I really loved, then yeah. I want to name my boy (when i have one) Troy but my husband says no because a friend of his has a son names that. Silly since I've never even met them.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• It just really bugs me that she has named him the same thing like really bad for some reason, Im not sure why but it does. And I dont know if I can deal with that because she is a really good friend and has been for a very very long time. I mean I really like the name but im not sure if I like it even enough to share it with her.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Nope, and they took all my favs! GRR!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Yup, my daughter's name is Jayden and my best friend likes it too and she's going to name her daughter Jayden in a month! I don't mind, there are tons of other Jaydens out there anyways!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Probably not.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010