what is your favorite passage from the bible?

Mine would have to be Genesis 1:1-3 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. To me that's so awesome :)

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Matthew 10:16 KJV "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." Sheer poetry.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Philippians 4.4 - Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, Rejoice!
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 11:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• John 8:7-So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Honestly from the time I was a old enough to read the bible on my own my FAVORITE part has been the begats in Genesis 5! LOL The one that tells how many kids they had and how long they lived! That ALWAYS fascinated me! But they may not have been what you meant by favorite! LOL

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• right now any verse that remind me that Wont go to hell for what I eat :) i was raised adventist so I am happy to hear that I don't hace to worry about food :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Psalm 25:1-2 A Psalm of David. Unto Thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, in Thee have I trusted, let me not be ashamed;

Mama291024

Answer by Mama291024 at 6:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would ALSO add that the woman that started this question I have NEVER seen behave badly towards OTHER beliefs! As a matter of fact she has question where she states that tho she is a Christian she respects those and would love to be friends with those of different /beliefs! You do nothing but show your immaturity ind bringing your meanness into her post!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have never gone on other posts talking about hell and damnation either, with anonymous replies gone, you might see a little less of that, and when you do at least you will know who it was and know that not all of us are like that. Just as I know a few atheists personally and none of them are rude and disrespectful, so I know not all atheists are like you :)

PEACE & LOVE

Mama291024

Answer by Mama291024 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My favorite one is the shortest verse in the Bible. I never can remember what verse it is though. lol. "He wept." I beleive those 2 words has so much meaning.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 3:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2010